Hayley's accounts qualification and previous Hospitality Management responsibilities working for the Military in Germany, leaves her ideally placed to ensure the Hotel runs on rails and the best service to the clients is always provided. For the last ten years, Hayley & Ian lived in England and supported children with varying degrees of special needs and disabilities. This work was at time extremely rewarding but also very challenging.
Ian was a Royal Air Force Warrant Officer and served for over 30 years from the age of 17. His favourite role was as a Military Adventure Training Instructor; skiing, flying powered aircraft, gliders and biking and canoeing adventures.
Their grown-up family Emma, Amy & Christopher have the same love and passion for the Mosel region. It was a natural choice when the Beautiful Hotel Moselschild became available that Hayley & Ian would relish the new challenge and move to the mosel permanently.
"Welcome" to the Hotel Moselschild in Ürzig an der Mosel, near Bernkastel-Kues
So that you feel really comfortable during your holiday on the Moselle in Ürzig in the Hotel Moselschild, we take care of your tailor-made holiday
Your hosts, Hayley & Ian Shackleton as well as the entire Moselschild team
This is what awaits you in our house:
- Comfortable living in three-star comfort
- free parking directly at the hotel
- free Wi-Fi in all rooms and public areas
- Spacious bicycle garage with electricity connection for e-bikes
- tastefully furnished rooms with friendly colours (mainly with balcony)
- relaxing, peaceful sleeping
- wonderful vital breakfast with homemade specialties
- very large selection of teas
- Coffee, capuccino, espresso, latte macchiato and cocoa for breakfast
- various hot egg dishes
- large sun terrace
- warm, family welcome and atmosphere
- selected top wines from Ürzig
- attractive package deals
- Allergy sufferers suitable bed linen
- close to Bernkastel-Kues and far away from the hustle and bustle.
Wave Riding in front of the Hotel!